Mission Trip Form
If you are looking for the reference forms they are here, parent, teacher, and church-related ! Please click the appropriate one for them! Here is the health form! Also, if you need to pay please go here. Thank you!
Mission Trip Options #
This year we have three options for mission trip!
Miriam’s Hope - May 22-27 - 8th Grade and above #
This trip is designed for students who are ready for the challenge of leaving their personal desires behind as they follow Jesus and help meet the needs of others through the ministry of Miriam’s Hope in Oberlin, KS. Their mission is to confront the foster care epidemic in a Christian way through providing the support and resources needed to empower families to stay together and keep kids out of the foster care system. Our team will be working with the leaders of Miriam’s Hope to help them develop their 20-acre property just outside of Oberlin so they can accomplish their mission. Our work may include helping remodel residence buildings and/or working on outside projects around the property to help them get the ministry up and running.
Requirements for this team are a flexible attitude and a willingness to do hands-on labor. For more information about Miriam’s Hope and their current projects, check out their website and their Facebook page.
- Estimated Support Goal of $350-$450
Cary, Mississippi - May 31 - June 12 - Highschool only #
This trip is designed for students who have a desire to be used by Jesus to draw others into a relationship with Him and they will be trained to go with the Gospel as His ambassadors. Students will engage with the needs of people living in poverty in the Mississippi Delta as they work in partnership with two ministries: Cary Christian Center in Cary, MS, and Serenity on the Bayou (Emmanuel Community Center) in Anguilla, MS. Both ministries focus on coming alongside people to help break the cycle of poverty through relationships. Working with the Cary Christian Center we will assist them in meeting the physical needs of individuals in Cary and surrounding communities. Projects may involve painting, shingling, minor construction, or serving the needs of the Center itself. The work through “Serenity on the Bayou” will provide opportunities for “face-to-face” involvement with the children of the Delta region. Projects may involve teaching Bible classes, tutoring students with specific educational needs and planning activities for the area’s children. Students on this trip will experience the challenges and endurance needed by an apostle to serve as Jesus’s ambassadors in a different cultural setting.
Requirements for this team are a willingness and desire to share the gospel of Jesus verbally, relationally, and through physical work. Here is more information about the Cary Christian Center and Serenity on the Bayou.
- Estimated Support Goal of $900-$1000
Denver, CO/North Platte, NE - June 2-9 - Highschool only #
This trip is designed for students who are ready for the challenge of leaving their personal desires behind as they follow Jesus and help meet the needs of others through ministries in the Denver, CO and North Platte, NE areas. Serving options in the Denver area may include working with a ministry that serves low-income families and refugees. For the North Platte, NE portion of the trip we will be working with a couple of ministries that God led us to during last year’s SPLASH 3.0 mission trip. Deborah’s Legacy’s mission is to provide rent-free housing, support, and education opportunities for women faced with homelessness and offer a Christ-centered restoration program for women healing from addiction and crisis living. Homestead Refuge, located in the sandhills near North Platte, was founded by Betty Remus and she is renovating an old farmhouse to provide female victims of sex trafficking with a safe place to heal and learn how to live again. We will be assisting Betty with projects in and around the house as she prepares to fulfill the mission God has given her to bring hope and healing to girls rescued out of the sex trade.
Requirements for this team will be a flexible attitude, a willingness to do hands-on labor, and a desire to learn how to vocalize your faith by praying for others and telling your personal faith story. Here is more information about Deborah’s Legacy and Homestead Refuge.
- Estimated Support Goal of $600-$700
Mission Trip Agreement #
In order to fill out the application, you must agree to the following!
- I agree to obey all rules and guidelines that TFC Connection and other associated ministries establish, realizing they have my best interest and welfare in mind. I will trust their judgment and obey them. The staff have the right to confront me if they see a problem in my attitude or in my obeying the rules.
- I agree to participate in the support raising part of this project. Even though I may have the finances to pay my own way, I will send out a minimum of 10 letters to people who would be interested in this project. I will also respect the deadlines to get my letters in the mail and realize this may lead to my dismissal from a trip if I haven’t done my part.
- I acknowledge that I am expected to do my share of the work on the mission trip and I will be willing to do what is asked of me with an “I’d be glad to” attitude.
- I will work at making this mission trip a priority! even if other events come up after I am accepted on a mission trip, I will commit to still go on this trip.